When you want to lose weight in a healthy way, you probably think that just stopping eating is the best solution. If so, you are wrong. You should not miss a single meal, especially the first.
To achieve the ideal body size, you should eat a balanced diet at least 5 times a day. Since breakfast is the first meal after many hours of sleep, it is extremely important.
Breakfast is an essential meal – it can either make or break your day. During the night, blood sugar levels drop, and your body wakes up empty and unsaturated. Therefore, a good breakfast will help you maintain good health.
Breakfast options to start your metabolism
Morning consumption of food helps to speed up metabolism. This way, you burn fat and lose weight quickly and naturally.
So, if you are trying to lose weight, you should not miss breakfast.
There are other reasons you should keep in mind:
- If you do not eat breakfast, your metabolism will work slowly. The body will have only the energy you received from the previous day. Therefore, it will store fat and you will gain weight.
- Similarly, if you eat breakfast late, you will increase the body’s response to insulin and force the body to store more fat and gain weight.
- If you eat breakfast, you will not feel anxious during the day. This is because you will not feel the need for overeating. If you miss breakfast, you will want to eat and will not be able to control hunger. This can lead to the consumption of junk snacks.
More protein for breakfast
Breakfasts that help you lose weight should contain all three macronutrients (proteins, fats, carbohydrates). Thanks to it you will feel full longer during the day.
Porridge breakfast or a standard breakfast, which usually contains only carbohydrates and fats, will fill you only for a short time. Then you want to eat a lot more.
Basic rules of a healthy breakfast
- Add at least 8 grams of fiber. Breakfast should help you lose weight, not gain weight. To do this, choose foods that contain fiber. This way, you will be full by the time of a snack or lunch. Fiber is digested slowly, so you will not feel hungry for a long time.
- Avoid consuming refined carbohydrates. You can replace whole grains with cereals, but if you need to lose weight urgently, choose fiber from fruits instead.
- Breakfast should be eaten no later than one hour after waking up.
- Add more protein and less sugar.
- Breakfast should be a great start to the day, but you shouldn’t overeat. It should contain a maximum of 350 calories.
- Never miss breakfast.
6 types of breakfast to lose weight in a healthy way
- 1 glass of milk;
- 1 glass of orange juice;
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread with sugar-free jam;
- Fruit: it can be kiwi, peach, strawberry.
- Fried eggs;
- Low-fat yogurt with whole grains;
- Fruit: either an apple or a banana;
- 1 cup of coffee with milk;
- 3 pieces of cookies of your choice.
- Toast of wholemeal bread with boiled egg;
- Chia seeds;
- 1 cup of coffee with skim milk.
- Boiled egg;
- 1 slice of avocado;
- Chia seeds;
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread;
- Tomatoes cut into slices;
- 1/2 cup skim milk.
- 1 slice of rye bread;
- 2 slices of unsalted cheese;
- Spinach leaves;
- 1 cup peach slices;
- 1/2 cup skim milk.
- 1 cup of tea with cayenne pepper and honey;
- A small piece of wholemeal bread;
- 1 boiled egg;
- 1 slice of ham;
- 1 glass of grapefruit juice.
These examples can help you plan your breakfasts. Make sure your plan contains foods rich in fiber and nutrients.
- Whole wheat bread: The fiber in it will give you a lot of energy and you will feel full.
- Eggs: They contain high levels of protein and healthy fats, which are a source of energy.
- Fruits: They contain all the vitamins and minerals needed to get the energy to start the day. In addition, they consist of natural sugars that can be a substitute for candy.
Picture Credit: Unsplash